Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #393: Find the Best Yarn

MatthewGrant12
8 - Asteroid

Solution

TurboToad
10 - Fireball

My solution.

Spoiler
393.PNG

StevenP
8 - Asteroid

My Solution:

Spoiler
image.png
Grouped together "Other" fiber_type_names under Vegetables to match the solution provided for Task 2.

olga_strubbe
11 - Bolide

A nice challenge, thank you!   I enjoyed the topic.  For tasks 2 & 3 my avg rating numbers were slightly off, I re-checked my steps and do not see anything I missed  - I made the required exclusions for count of ratings and "NA/Nulls' for 'Percent' field.  Let me know if you can tell what might be missing. Thanks!2023-10-17_11-16-21.png

plozbin
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenge. My solution:

Spoiler
Alteryx Weekly Challenge 393 Solution.png

braveraj
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Alteryx Yarn workflow.pngYarn Result 2.pngYarn Result 3.png
ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
image.png

Had fun doing this challenge while on vacation using Alteryx Cloud.

kevinsparacino
5 - Atom

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball

I like the Plot of Means as a way to visualize this, in addition.

Personally, I'd considered Bison and Yak, since their confidence interval shows that they have no significant difference in rating.Yarn Data Challenge.png

Charity_K_Wilson
10 - Fireball

If yarn and Alteryx are your jam, come join us!  Crateryx is for anyone who intersects between fiber arts, and Alteryx.

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/14285801/

And watch that some yarns have multiple types of fibers.  Have to use the predominant fiber type.  If it was 50% Merino, 25% Cashmere, and 25% yak, then only go forward with the Merino.  Consider the rating to be based on the Merino.