Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #389: Password and Security Violations

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

WC_Banner_V2.png

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.

This challenge comes to us from @NicoleJohnson 

WC389_Image.jpg

Thank you for your contribution, Nicole!

Picture yourself as an auditor within a prominent financial institution. Your primary duty involves performing meticulous security audits across various software applications. This entails deciphering the extent of access granted to individual users based on the last password update and identifying instances of any breaches in security protocols.

In this challenge, your task is to determine the number of password and security violations attributable to each user. The dataset you are working with contains data for three distinct users. However, there is a slight complication: all the pertinent information is consolidated within a single column.

Hint: The number of password or security violations is indicated in parentheses following PSWD-VIO and SEC-VIO. For example, PSWD-VIO(2) indicates the user has two password violations and SEC-VIO(3) indicates the user has three security violations.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution! Love RegEx tool!

Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2023-09-18 231206.png

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

C389

Spoiler
Workflow_389.png
benjimoser
9 - Comet

My Solution

Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-09-18 162829.png

ahsanaali
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-09-18 173305.png

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My Designer Cloud solutions!!

Designer Experience

Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2023-09-18 232424.png

Trifacta Classic

Spoiler
スクリーンショット 2023-09-18 233958.png

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
image.png
olga_strubbe
10 - Fireball

Thank you, @NicoleJohnson!  This was a neat challenge!

2023-09-18_11-46-53.png

nhardin
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Screenshot_solution_389.png
robbinrv
8 - Asteroid

Great one to solve with Designer, unfortunately got stuck in designer cloud (see spoiler what functions I think are missing in order to solve it on Cloud).

Spoiler
image.png

Cloud doesn't allow you to add a record ID without sorting so the sort order is lost upon any of the record id, make group, etc. Even if there was a row id to refer to, we wouldn't be able to use functions like remainder/MOD as those are not available in formula tools yet.
image.png