Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #386: Shed Light on a Bank’s Risky Business

hannah_malek
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for picking up these discrepancies!! I will have these records updated shortly :)

gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Some record have thresholds overlapped each other, but was it also a part of challenge??

Anyway, result matches

Spoiler
image.png
JereJussila
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Alteryx 386.png

Fun challenge !

TDouheret
5 - Atom
Spoiler
My solution:
Weekly Challenge #386 solution.PNG

Pheline
5 - Atom

C386

alacoume
9 - Comet

A solution:

jacobcarman
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-08-29 102134.png

Decided to recreate lows and highs due to data issue.

rachel_lynch
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great use for the dynamic replace tool in a batch macro! There is one record that I believe may need to be double checked in the source data - the parameters are duplicated (i.e. amber is >= .03 and green is <=0.03 - it can't be both, one should drop the "="). 

Spoiler
Shed Light on a Bank’s Risky Business.png

Rachel Lynch
TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

This was a fun one. Went the macro route and worked with the Threshold columns to make it a little more interesting. Giving us the parsed limits pretty much turned this into a beginner-level exercise and didn't seem particularly realistic.

Spoiler
The overlapping thresholds was a nice touch. In the real world, when someone asks us to do an analysis the requestor usually doesn't give us a complete set of requirements (often they don't completely understand the requirements themselves). We have to inspect sample outputs and ask a lot of questions. With these weekly challenges, we can't ask questions but we can look at the output. In this case, we see that we have to evaluate the green threshold first, then amber, then red. (I evaluated red just in case there was a situation where a number fell outside the range of all three thresholds so I could flag it as an out of range error.)

challenge_386_TonyA.pngAssign RAG.png

Sunny_Anand
6 - Meteoroid

My solution