Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

Banim
Meteoro

My solution attached...

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

AlexCox
Asteroide

My solution, also have the 6mo issue where your output file appears to not be grouped by HP.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

coderockride
Asteroide

That multi-row tool is awesome, much like a lead and lag function in SQL. Nice.

HuwHallam
Asteroide

Not terribly scintillating, but I guess this is right... Looking forward to seeing if others have come up with interesting alternatives!

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I got slightly confused on this one and over complicated it initially by working out the average based upon how many previous months there were rather than allocating from the nearest month.

Both solutions attached however 🙂

challenge_3_solution_JS.yxmd - arguably a more accurate result, but didnt match the output in the workflow

challenge_3_solution_new.yxmd - more simple workflow matching the output

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I got slightly confused on this one and over complicated it initially by working out the average based upon how many previous months there were rather than allocating from the nearest month.

Both solutions attached however 🙂

challenge_3_solution_JS.yxmd - arguably a more accurate result, but didnt match the output in the workflow

challenge_3_solution_new.yxmd - more simple workflow matching the output

Edit - weird double post gone on there!

Shivam
Asteroide
Spoiler

KMiller
Asteroide

Solution attached, there was an error in the challenge solution, the 6 month moving average was not grouped by HP when calculated which tripped me up for a bit.

Paul-Evans
Cometa

Noticed some rows in the output that didn't seem to be calculated correctly, but it looks like that's old news given the comments. 

nitinpatkar1984
Meteoro

Catching up!!