Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #25: Creating Merchant Combos

rzdodson
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
SPOILER

Posting a potential solution to this use case.

The original requirements were asking if a unique UserID has any likelihood of visiting other stores, which would beg the question of which UserIDs were visiting two or more merchant. As such, I have filtered out instances where the Merchant1 field were null because this would be irrelevant to answering the original business question, unless we were examining two distinct populations: 1) those who only visit a singular merchant, and 2) those who visit two or more merchants.

Attaching workflow and diagram to help explain the steps I took. Hopefully it helps!

CHALLENGE 25 - CREATING MERCHANT COMBOS1.png
rachel_lynch
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Creating Merchant Combos.png

Rachel Lynch
mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
spolier just used the formula tool and then simple text to columns i tried with appending and joining and will revisit that 
MatteoReddavide
8 - Asteroid

Solved using prime numbers, hoping the reasoning could be extended to n-th case!

Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-07-19 154127.png
lwolfie
10 - Fireball

The duplicate pairs slowed me down, but I got there.

GabrielaTudor
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 25.jpg
Sebastian_Chaieb2
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

H_a_n_g_C_h_e_n__x3
8 - Asteroid

Fun

aroumpelaki
8 - Asteroid

I have to admin that I cheated a little bit on this one.

But it was a nice idea on how to get unique pairs of values.

Definitely going to use it some day!

jon_amanrich
8 - Asteroid

Nice one!