Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #24: ARIMA Time Series

mickael_gest
8 - Asteroid

My solution, don't know why I don't have the exactly same results.

Spoiler
challenge_24.PNG
Arch
8 - Asteroid

I agree with Bolide that the answer is not the best. Actually I would go farther and say that the given answer is wrong. The sales data has a time varying element that is consistent in both years, and is such that the first six weeks of each year is a valley with sales in the range of 50 to 126. To conclude that the following year will have sales of 200 to 330, just isn't supported by the historical data. Unfortunately I don't have access to the predictive tools yet, so can't suggest an alternate solution using those tools. However, even a simple average of the first six weeks' values would provide a more accurate solution than the one provided.

Having fun learning Alteryx and looking forward to learning about the predictive tools!

Thanks.

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

I can't believe I got this one. Well, maybe not the exact numbers, but close enough!

Solution attached! :-)

arein0
8 - Asteroid

kcoulon
8 - Asteroid

First time using Time Series tools - it was a good challenge to get more familiar with these tools.

CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Spoiler:

24 workflow.jpg

Fun quick time series exercise.

justynam
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Jim7
8 - Asteroid

First time I've used the ARIMA tool, cool and interesting challenge.

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

attached!

dillon_bok
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge - 24.PNG