Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #177: Ham Hamlet

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
my_weekly_challenge_177_solution.png
JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
JamesCharnley_0-1669660403513.png

Looked at this one for absolutely ages and didn't really use that much Alteryx, rather just brute forcing logic going down a list of words. I found that isolating my list to words whose pig latin started with A just about allowed me to find a new letter or two with every run of the workflow. Not pretty but worked in the end.

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

I'm thankful for all the tips that every 2 characters represented one letter or character in the message. Identified that "ks" represented a space, then found "t" and "h" as "the" is one of the most frequent three letter words. Then identified the rest of the vowels since they provided the code for "a" and "y." After that I found "b" for since we already had "y" "by" was easier to identify. Then following the same behavior I found "s", "f", "r", and "n." Then after reading some of the other posts the second letter in a code when capitalized is the capital letter. That then gave me over 26 characters identified which was enough for the macro provided to give the rest of the solved characters and I found the overall final message in Pig Latin.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Solution:

Sapna Gupta
ahsanaali
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Spoiler
ahsanaali_0-1671043066253.png

Thanks to @Claje, was able to understand and finish this challenge. 

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

What a horrible horrible challenge this is and was. I am so glad I have something that resembles a solution workflow. Here's my take - over and out!

Spoiler
177 good enough.png
Raj
14 - Magnetar

This was something new and interesting

alacoume
8 - Asteroid

Hard! It tooks me days...

chandler-gjino
Alteryx
Alteryx

attaching my solution