Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #12: Creating an HR Hierarchy

mgaronson
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Challenge 12 Workflow pic.png

Challenge 12 Macro Pic.png

 Macros tend to confound me. I found this tough to get through. Finally understood the 2 inputs were necessary.

H_a_n_g_C_h_e_n__x3
8 - Asteroid

Practice

MartinStraech
8 - Asteroid

Completed the challenge in two different ways. First, not using macro, but just adding an extra join for every hierarchy level. Wouldn't be tough to extend it if needed, but not really clean.

I hadn't done an iterative macro before, so learning how to get those set up properly was a good exercise. Also decided that the display order at the end should show the hierarchy at the same time too. ei Analyst -> Manager -> Director etc.

Spoiler
SolutionClipping1.PNGSolutionClipping2.PNGSolutionClipping2Macro.PNG
jon_amanrich
8 - Asteroid

Not a simple one... First need to figure out about the iterative macro, then need to configure it accordingly!

Spoiler

Chan_Baek
8 - Asteroid

It was my first challenge for iterative macro.

I didn't know it is available to make multiple inputs and outputs separately for iterating at the first.

Krzysztof_Hyla_1986
8 - Asteroid

It took me a lot of trial and error but I think I finally figured it out :-)

nikhilnijhar
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-08-04 180623.png
Naomi_I
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Here's my solution!
Capture.PNG
cjmayes
8 - Asteroid

done as team

myastarling
10 - Fireball

here's my solution. I had been putting this one off for *years* because I didn't know how to set up an iterative macro but after attending Inspire and getting a little more confidence, I did it! :-)