Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #63: Data Preperation Using Pivot Tools

Flo_P
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Didn't enjoy it much, clearly need more training on finding solution approaches for these kinds of problems.
Flo_P_0-1676903131464.png

Nolan
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution! Tough challenge for me - I did not have much experience with the Transpose/Cross Tab tools when I attempted it and it took me a second to catch on to the idea of matching F2/F3/etc. to headers in the data since there were multiple things it can translate to. Re-visited my original solution after completing some of the other challenges and re-did the latter half in a way that felt much cleaner. Great learning experience!

Spoiler
Nolan_0-1677275640062.pngNolan_1-1677275661200.pngNolan_2-1677275677855.png

benjimoser
9 - Comet

My Solution

Spoiler
benjimoser_0-1677694653616.png

Archie_bos
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution. I'm not too sure why some of the Totals in the solutions are 0? 

CeliaC_Silje
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
CeliaC_Silje_0-1678812228425.png
Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

WeeklyChallenge63.JPG

mdm
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
mdm_0-1680445277246.png

Here's my solution.

john-sundblom
5 - Atom

This was my first challenge, and I used the Select Records rather than the Sample Tool at the beginning and had help of renaming columns from the solution, but was able to most the rest on my own. I just can’t upload the file where I have the designer software installed as it is restricted by my firm to upload the file.

chandler-gjino
Alteryx
Alteryx

attaching my solution

SaraHamdoun
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Here's my solution:

Challenge 63.JPG