Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #40: Parsing a HTML File

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution. I was feeling pretty snazzy with all my new tips & tricks for RegEx (thanks for the links, @SeanAdams!)... only to realize with this challenge that I also know next to nothing about XML parsing. But a few searches later and I figured it out enough to fumble my way through this one... I'm finding all sorts of new tools with these challenges that I'll never ever use at work. :)

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge40.JPG
Highlighted
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Some of the data was reported missing but has now been added to the original post!

Highlighted
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Thanks for including the data!

Do I get bonus point for fewest tools used? First picture is a solution with RegEx parsing. 7 tools! I'm not counting the browse ;)

Second solution is with formulas/cross tab/text to columns

Spoiler
Spoilersimage.pngimage.png
image.png
Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Took me ages to get the right parse going but once I had it I was on a roll..

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 40.png
Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

best hint I ever got on regex came from Mark ( @MarqueeCrew )

The tip is that http://regex101.com allows you to play with Regex phrases in real time, and it's a really easy way to learn and practice.   I now use it for all my regex work, especially web-scraping!

Have a look - it really is a fantastic site, and if Alteryx could build something similar into the product, it would be legendary!

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Whoops....put it on the wrong week.  This is week 41 solution.

16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

HTML parsing is just another excuse to use James' XML input tool to parse everything.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Solution attached.

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
40.PNG
Highlighted
12 - Quasar

On Challenge #1, Regex and I HATED each other. Now we're BEST FRIENDS. How did I never use Regex before this. I was wasting so much effort with sub-strings and unnecessary logic...