Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #299: Globetrotting Santa

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx
A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.

Map_Santa.jpgThis challenge was developed in collaboration with some Alteryx users, and we would like to thank @biosartorelli@lemuelcastro@Malvim@nicolascorreiacolombo and @silvestremoreira for taking time out of their busy schedule to think of a great challenge for this special time of the year. Thank you!

Every year Santa Claus gets his sleigh and helpers (reindeers and elves) and goes around the world distributing presents to those who behaved well. Did you behave well this year? Is Santa going to leave your present under the Christmas tree?
This challenge will bring you the answer!

You goal is to figure out Santa’s route for the night of December 25th and what time he is going to pass through the city closest to you! He should take 24 hours to go around the globe (leaving North Pole at 00:00:00am) delivering the presents but be aware that the route is very well hidden, and you will be able to find it if you analyze your datasets carefully. When you find the route as well as the time, use your reporting skills to figure out the delicious recipe Santa left you.

As a bonus, would you be able to find out what time he will be at your city exactly?

Enjoy the season and this challenge!
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hmmm.... I've found a shorter route, but not the correct route. ??

PhilipMannering_0-1640011070022.png

lemuelcastro
11 - Bolide

It was amazing to collaborate with this team for the challenge ‌‌😉
I'm so grateful for this experience!

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Great challenge y'all

Spoiler
I think that Santa arrives in London at 13:56:48...

PhilipMannering_0-1640012283092.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
W299.jpg299.jpg299a.jpg299b.jpg

Great challenge. And Belgian Beer Stew sounds interesting ...

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Was able to match the map plus the time for the Orlando example!

Kenda_0-1640015691046.png

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Happy Holidays everyone!

Spoiler
Challenge 299.PNG
balajilolla1
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla1_0-1640018394353.png

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Quite frankly, from the info given I couldn't figure out how you came up with this route and with no numbers I couldn't even backtrack from the answer. In the real world, I would be asking the requester what he was trying to do rather than guess myself. So I just assumed I had a chat with Santa and he told me he would be fine if I just always went to the location nearest to my previous location. I know there are better algorithms but I also know better than to argue with Santa so I just built something that I expect will make him happy.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
I have Santa getting to Indiana at 9pm Christmas day, seems a little tardy!
patrick_digan_0-1640031985097.png