cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #107: Plot Employment Rates by Gender in the US

Sr. Learning Strategy Manager
Sr. Learning Strategy Manager

In honor of the new roll-out of the Women of Analytics group,  we decided to theme this week's challenge!

This women's history month, let's analyze employment rates of men and women in the United states with data from the Bureau of Labor statistics. One of the challenges will be navigating the difficult excel file structure of merged headers, and the other will be reporting on the overall percent of men and women in the workforce. Try to replicate the chart pictured in the output.

report.png

For more advanced users, try to calculate the slope of the employment rate and around what year the slopes are set to intersect assuming linear growth. Plot the trend lines on the report chart as well!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Spoiler

Here's my solution. Nice to play around with the charting tool, as I use it so infrequently. Had to resort to a slight hack to hide the horizontal axis labels.

challenge_107_JL.png

Wow @jamielaird that's got to be one of the quickest submissions ever!

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

I’ve got my email notifications finely tuned ;-)

OK, six tools total.  I got a weird error trying to figure out the trends   and don't have time to work on it.

challenge 107 output.png

Spoiler
challenge 107.png
Magnetar
Magnetar
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
Asteroid

Intermittent Charting tool Error but aside from that, good first experience with the tool

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 12.21.55 PM.png

was stuck with plot but i finally made it.... kinda

output.png

Spoiler
Captura.PNG

Spoiler
Screenshot.PNG
Meteoroid