Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Transportation + Logistics

Transportation Starter Kit

williamchan
10 - Fireball

Hi All,

I'm wondering if there is any appetite for a Transportation Starter Kit. Similar to the ones found in Help>Sample Workflows, we could pool some ideas together for some standard workflows that could be applicable for our group. Perhaps we could get an SE from Alteryx to help set the template and standards.

Some workflow ideas for the kit could be the following:

• Operations - Fuel Forecasting
  • Revenue Management - Passenger Demand Forecasting
  • Revenue Management - Passenger Volume/Revenue by Route (Output to your Data Viz tool - PBI, Tableau)
  • Loyalty - Customer Grouping and Segmentation
  • Maintenance - Parts Life Cycle Analysis
  • Audit - Literally anything that's "auditable", which is everything :)

I'm interested to hear everyone's feedback! What would you want to see in the kit?

Cheers.

William

2 REPLIES 2
DanielUpton
9 - Comet

Neat Idea!  Perhaps it stretches the idea of 'transportation', but I would love to see content related to Global Sales Coverage.  Specifically, what is the distance and combined commercial-flight (sure, this is ambitious) and drive-time for a Sales Rep in Location (in Country A) out to Customer Location B (another Country).  Again, assume Sales Rep needs to fly commercial pass through customs, rent-a-car, and drive to Customer Site.  Since I'm being ambitious, why not create an App where User can check a 'Add Overnight in Hotel Stays for Trips Over X Elapsed Hours' option and to specify Days or Hours in Final Output. 

@williamchan wrote:

Hi All,

I'm wondering if there is any appetite for a Transportation Starter Kit. Similar to the ones found in Help>Sample Workflows, we could pool some ideas together for some standard workflows that could be applicable for our group. Perhaps we could get an SE from Alteryx to help set the template and standards.

Some workflow ideas for the kit could be the following:

• Operations - Fuel Forecasting
  • Revenue Management - Passenger Demand Forecasting
  • Revenue Management - Passenger Volume/Revenue by Route (Output to your Data Viz tool - PBI, Tableau)
  • Loyalty - Customer Grouping and Segmentation
  • Maintenance - Parts Life Cycle Analysis
  • Audit - Literally anything that's "auditable", which is everything :)

I'm interested to hear everyone's feedback! What would you want to see in the kit?

Cheers.

William

Atabarezz
13 - Pulsar

Some examples for routing optimization would be awesome too...