Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

St. Louis, MO

Welcome to the St. Louis User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

NA Central UG Raffle for SWAG!

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

We are doing a raffle! Attendees can enter a drawing for a $50 USD gift card to use at the Alteryx Swag Store! One winner will be selected from all the replies received from the Austin, DFW, St. Louis, and Twin Cities User Group pages. Attendees have until end of day Friday, March 5, 2021 to reply and answer the following questions to be entered in the raffle.  

Eligibility: 

• Attendees from the Q1 NA Central AUG Meeting are eligible for a $50 USD gift card to the Alteryx Swag Store 
  • Respondents must answer all questions to be considered (duplicate responses & Community IDs will be discarded) 
  • Winner will be verified that they attended the meeting from the reg & attendance lists 
  • Replies will be accepted until 3/5/21 EOD to be considered for the drawing (but you people reading this in the future, we still want to hear from you! Reply anyway! 😉 

How to Enter: 

1. Reply to this thread and answer the following questions 
  1. All unique responses collected from Austin, DFW, St. Louis, and Twin Cities will be entered in a drawing 
  1. 1 name will be randomly selected using a random name generator  
  1. Winner will be contacted via the Community through a private message (by week of March 15) 

Questions: 

1. What did you learn by attending the UG meeting today? What would you like to learn about at the Q2 meeting? 
  1. What do you do for a living? 
  1. How long have you used Alteryx? 

Extra Credit: Share a picture of your quarantine workspace! 

6 REPLIES 6
lnguyen
8 - Asteroid
  1. What did you learn by attending the UG meeting today? What would you like to learn about at the Q2 meeting? I spent time looking over the spatial challenge (#220) with the host.  It helps me clarifying some of the concepts from the training videos that I got a 'Huh?' from. The session actually gave me some additional ideas on how to arrive at the answer quicker and it was fun testing that out along the way. Sorry I was not able to talk because my desktop mic was not working. I'll join the conversation via phone next time.  As regarding Q2 learning topic, how about REGEX?  
  2. What do you do for a living? I am a distribution intelligence analyst, just a fancy name for 'data analytics'.  the distribution part is referring to sales distribution and the intelligence part is just sales insights. 
  3. How long have you used Alteryx? I have been using Alteryx since 2018
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

Thanks @lnguyen - REGEX is definitely an interesting topic that could be talked about for hours- and I would still have to google for the regex I need! (a lot of us use https://regex101.com/)

As for me:

1. What did you learn by attending the UG meeting today? What would you like to learn about at the Q2 meeting? I learned that i'd like to work on building more advanced Macros 🙂 Q2 i'd like to learn more about how have other people prepared for the Advanced Cert! (and passed it)
  1. What do you do for a living? Data Analyst/Consultant
  1. How long have you used Alteryx? Technically since 2018 - but I don't count 2019/2020 as I did not use it in any roles.

Extra Credit: Share a picture of your quarantine workspace!

workspace.jpg

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

Hi STL Community, let's show NA Central what we've got 🙂

Questions: 

1. What did you learn by attending the UG meeting today? What would you like to learn about at the Q2 meeting? 

I learned about @NicoleJohnson 's amazing journey from starting out in Alteryx to tackling tough computer science problems like the Advent of Code. It was inspiring - I need to step my game up! 🙂 

For Q2, I think I would like to hear more personal use cases of Alteryx from the community. Something that people can share that isn't necessary sensitive or anything like that. Like maybe someone created a workflow to scrape their favorite website, or they did some cool analysis with their own data. You would have to share the workflow so others could see, though!

2. What do you do for a living? Manager of Data Engineering

3. How long have you used Alteryx? I'm a bit fuzzy on the exact start date, but I think Summer of 2016 - so just about 5 years.

(Sorry, my WFH space is currently under construction, so no pictures at this time)

lnguyen
8 - Asteroid

IMG_0966.jpg

lnguyen
8 - Asteroid

@Derangedvisions I am preparing for the advanced Cert as well and a little shaky on the RegEx portion.  The syntax is a flip 180 for me coming from Sql and python and I am still trying to wrap my head around it.  I think it is ultimately a memorizing task (coupled with frequent google search like you have mentioned).  I guess I was thinking of a discussion where everyone is sharing their experiences on how to quickly tackle this challenge in daily task.  I think the majority would be googling but who knows. 

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I wanted to give an update that a winner has been chosen from the Austin Group! Thank you @lnguyen  for submitting! I'm looking forward to doing something similar at future meetings. 🙂