Public Sector

Intro from the Public Sector User Group Leaders

ColleenH218
8 - Asteroid

Hello all and welcome to the new Public Sector User Group!

I'm Colleen Hayes, Business Data Analyst at Rexnord Industries. While Rexnord is *not* in the Public Sector, we sell a lot of our products into Public Sector entities. I'm working with a highly knowledgeable (and fun!) team to get this group up and running.

By most standards, I'm still relatively new to Alteryx. I've been using it for about 18 months, but the number of sophisticated things I've been able to accomplish with the tool speaks volumes as to its value and ease of use. I have more than 10 years of experience in relational databases and SQL Services and Reporting, along with Web development skills and knowledge of various other technologies such as PowerShell, IIS and Active Directory. I also co-lead my local Alteryx User Group in Milwaukee, WI and am honored to have been selected as a member of the Alteryx Customer Advisory Board in 2019.

I'm glad to be part of the team to bring this user group to life!

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

WELCOME Colleen!!!

Glad to have you on board the Public Sectors leadership team! I am really looking forward to working with you and the rest of the team.

Chris Shernaman
Community Manager
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, everyone, and welcome to the newly formed Public Sector User Group!

I'm @Deanna Sanchez, and I am honored to help co-lead this group with CAB member @ColleenH218 and ACE @HeatherMHarris !  I began using Alteryx way back when in 2005, and I specialize in Spatial and Demographic Analytics using Alteryx.  My degree is in Geography, with concentrations in GIS and Medical Geography, and I worked for a municipality for 6 years:  For 3 years, I was the lead GIS Analyst as well as an Urban Planner in the Planning and Development Department, where I performed Planning and Development GIS layer data management, spatial and demographic analytics, along with contributing to the City Master Plan.  I also supported the Mayor's office, City Council, and Planning and Zoning Commissions with spatial analyses that benefited the City.  Another part of my job was to manage the GIS data for the Gas Well Plats within the City, so for all of you members who are familiar with the gas well industry, I have seen quite a few Christmas trees (ya'll know what I mean)!

I went out to the corporate world for 3 years, then came back to the City's Technology Services / I.T. Department, where I served for another 3 years assisting with the management of the Enterprise GIS Geodatabases and numerous city infrastructure layers, including Landuse, Environmentally Sensitive Areas, Parcels, Zoning, and much, much more, along with creating most of the public-facing maps on the City's website.  There were 92 GIS end users across the City, and I was glad to support them with assistance, solutions and training!

Currently I am a Senior Consultant, and bring my knowledge of Alteryx along with GIS, Spatial and Demographic Analytics to various clients in a multitude of industries:  Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance, Insurance, Marketing, Industrial, Transportation, Retail, Real Estate, and more.  I have been co-leading the Dallas Alteryx User Group for 5 years, with almost 300 members, and launched the Fort Worth Alteryx User Group last year.

It is a privilege to be on the team with Heather and Colleen, and thanks to @ChrisS for helping to start the group!  I am looking forward to assisting each of the members in this highly important group; you are the framework and core of our communities, government, industries and education, and make our world a better place to live!

I also look forward to meeting everyone at the upcoming Public Sector User Group Breakfast, which is Thursday morning at 7:00 a.m. at the Alteryx Inspire conference this week!  Come join us and hear Brian's cool presentation!

@Deanna 

cc:  @TuvyL , @LaurenU 

Deanna