Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Inspire 2017 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!

Community Fitness Activity? | Inspire 2017

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

At Inspire 2016, the Community team sponsored the first EVER Community Fun Run that proved to be a huge success!  In addition to getting a sweet pair of Alteryx Socks, participants got rewarded with a limited edition Community badge.  Pretty cool... right?!

funrungrouppic-edited.jpg

So jealous that I didn't get in on that action...

In 2017, we're excited to get back on the fitness train, and are looking for your feedback.  Another Fun Run is absolutely still a possibility, but considering high temperatures and scorching sunshine are the norm for Vegas in June, we figured it would be worth exploring an alternative option.  More importantly... we want to give our community members the opportunity to chime in.  

How about Community Yoga?

What about Jazzercise, Zumba or Aerobics!?
Yoga Gif.gif aerobicsgif.gif

Not your Jam? What kind of fitness activity do you want to see at Inspire 2017?

Whether you participated last year or not, we WANT to hear from YOU! 

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@LeahK,

Timing the run (not to conflict with Dean's keynote) was the real challenge.  We all had fun and got back with plenty of time to spare.  With winter still bearing down on me, I am looking forward to a 100 degree day and being outside.  My vote is to take advantage of the location and do something on the strip.  If a run is not in the cards, how about a scavenger hunt?

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the reply @MarqueeCrew! We're definitely planning an early morning (6am) activity, so there won't be any conflicts  with the days events :)

I forgot to mention this in my original post, but we're also looking to get some ideas for corresponding fitness Swag...

socks.png

ErikaW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
I don't know about anyone else...but I'm just voting for anything INSIDE! (Sorry @MarqueeCrew!)

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 9.23.50 AM.png
JPL
5 - Atom

Dodgeball could be a fun event. As for swag, maybe some gym shorts?dodgeball-purple-cobras-ben-stiller-1-800x500.jpg

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

What about some sort of indoor triathlon....making up whatever 3 components you can given what equipment/space is available.  Also love yoga