General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

What is the best solution!?

OTrieger
12 - Quasar

I keep see the following posts, what is the best way to so x or to do y?

I do not think that there is one best way how to do things. As Alteryx is so versatile tool, there are normally multiple ways solving the same issue in different ways, there is no one way that is better than the other way, why?

IT is very simple thing. Everyone has his own level of knowledge in Alteryx. Therefore the best way for him will be to be able to find a solution with his current knowledge and not jump to areas that he still did not learn. Now if the problem is beyond the person current knowledge the first thing that he or she needs to do, is learn how to do it. Alteryx providing so many different paths and training materials, use them, learn them.

I see that people are writing I'm new to Alteryx, well, then what are you waiting for, get busy and do interactive lessons, any other learning path. There is a learning curve> Oh yes, when I'm reviewing pervious years workflows I know today that I would do it in a different way and more efficient one, but that is due to the experience that I gained through time. 

If someone does not know how to use regex, send him to the lesson, do not provide him with a prepared workflows, no you are not educating him in that way.

I know that you will focus on the exceptions, the outliers. Stop looking at outliers. In any project management or Lean Six Sigma project these exceptions will be disregarded, from a good reason, at they are an outliers.

Therefore the best solution will be, the solution that you can solve the issue based on your own knowledge.

Keep learning new things, advance yourself, just do it. As if you will do it in a short time you will have enough knowledge to solve your issues in multiple different ways.

0 REPLIES 0
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels