General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Rise of No Code Data Science Tools: Are They the Future?

AkaCarioca
7 - Meteor

Great content featuring @Alterix 

2 REPLIES 2
OTrieger
12 - Quasar

Will it replace coding, the answer is no!

But it definitely will be in use as long as the companies, such as Alteryx, will continue to develop it to be even more versatile and with less limitations.

The fact is that you have Python and R tools integrated into Alteryx to give additional depth to Alteryx capabilities, then question will be will Alteryx can find functions and tools advanced enough so we will not need to use Python and R Tools.

I guess that on the things that no code solutions will have to be solve the file type that can be used as a source point. For example, the fact that Alteryx is not fully supporting XLS format is a challenge to users, as many companies still using programs that generates XLS files, It will be nice if Alteryx can find a solution for it. Yes, there are solutions to convert XLS to XLSX, however it will be more user friendly if Alteryx could use XLS format.

You do not have that type of issue with coding.

CoG
13 - Pulsar

Great article!

I agree with @OTrieger 

There will always be the need to interact directly with technology via brute-force coding, but I consider the rise of no-code/low-code tools a further evolution of our tools as opposed to a replacement, enhancing our ability to interact with machines. Just as very few need to write code in assembly (or are even able to anymore) because we have new languages that provide more efficient ways to generate large numbers of instructions very quickly or just as a great deal of code can be abstracted away by implementing the right library, no-code solutions provide the means for a much larger pool of people to transform data, perform analyses, gain insights, and build solutions than ever before and more quickly than before.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels