General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Parse error while using cross tab tool as the Age group is not always available

X01360219
Atom

Hi guys,

I need urgent help in the cross tab tool. I am building a reconciliation which is run on a daily basis. There are 4 age groups classified as below. I am trying to make a pivot by using the cross tab tool. I get the correct output when all the data in age groups are available, however the workflow does not work when the data from any of these age groups does not exist on any day

Below are the age groups. In this example, there is no data for 7-14 age group as there are no breaks in the reconciliation within the age & hence the tab for the pivot is not getting generated due to the error in the workflow
I need the age group column & the data as 0 even if there is no data for that specific age o any day

1-6
7-14
15-30
30+

I have attached the screenshot of the workflow & the formulas in the tools given in my workflow

Appreciate urgent help here

2 ANTWORTEN 2
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @X01360219 I would typically create some dummy data with all the age groups I need downstream in my workflow that I could put into a Text Input Data tool for instance then using a Union Data tool would add it with data. Then later in the workflow filter out this dummy data by using a flag I added in the Text Input Data which makes it easy to identify as dummy data.

X01360219
Atom

Thanks a ton for the quick reply, this suggestion has worked & is giving me desired output. 

Appreciate your assistance

Umfrage
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Beschriftungen