Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

May the Fourth (be with you) | Wizard or Jedi?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

To celebrate May the Fourth this year, we thought it would be fun to borrow a question from our very own Community Confessions.

wizard vs. jedi.png

Question:

Wizard or Jedi? Your answer should expand beyond your personal preference for one over the other – Think about what characteristics make YOU a Wizard or a Jedi, and why?

Please feel free to share as much or as little as you like. All thoughts are welcomed and encouraged!

8 REPLIES 8
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

FRNLLZPGAA0EQEV.MEDIUM.jpg

"Yoda has the power of the force, which will enable him not to tire, unlike Dumbledore, who has a wand." ... GamerGuy

My money is on Yoda!

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Expecto patronum!

hermione_patronus.gif

Who remembers when 'Apps' were called 'Wizards?' That's why.

Tara McCoy
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Tara,

Did I mention that my newest granddaughter's name is Luna Love?

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.
JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Jedi. What characteristics make me a Jedi? I'm a good candidate pre-disposed to the Jedi lifestyle with a midichlorian count that is through the roof and I wouldn't need a wand on-hand to do the stuff I wanted. What if the wand is in the other room and I want to summon a beverage?! And before anyone asks - green would be my saber color (despite the fact that Obi-Wan Kenobi is my favorite Jedi).

One of the many benefits of being a JediOne of the many benefits of being a Jedi

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm torn. Normally would say Wizards all the way but stumbled upon this sweet Ewok hat last night. Course I had to buy it. Also the good company helps. I am a Jedi today. Wizard tomorrow. ;)

IMG_1371.JPG

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I gotta say - I'm with @JoeM on this - the wand does feel a little like an enabler, and if you're getting to a commercial break and the remote is on the couch 2 seats down, you do want to be able to change the channel from your seat.  

However, you don't see many Jedi creating great meals out of thin air, or summoning a dragon to help light the barbecue and provide light entertainment.    

Is there a 3rd option for "All of the above"?

Pushed to choose, it would have to be Jedi.

NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

d03f8a7829b738270457cc5c643488df.jpg

Sometimes you just need to find the right wand to help you unleash the power you always knew you had.

Also, I was once Toto in my elementary school play, and sometimes singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is the only thing that gets my 3-year-old to agree to go to sleep. So there's that...

006-Not-The-Wizard-624x622.jpg

Labels