Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Issue with interactive lesson videos

cgalluzzo
5 - Atom

Hi I am trying to work through some of the interactive lesson videos to familiarize myself with Alteryx and I don't think I am able to watch all of the videos in the individual lessons. When I go into the lessons library I see progress in the ones I've watched but they are not at 100% even though I have watched everything that plays or I can click on.  I can't be sure  but it definitely seems like I haven't watched a complete lesson especially for the connecting to multiple sheets lesson based on the way the footage ends.  If you can please advise how I can resolve this issue and gain full access to the videos I would greatly appreciate it.

cgalluzzo_0-1582237087880.png

cgalluzzo_1-1582237120580.png

6 REPLIES 6
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I had the same issue. Looks like you have 2 min left on a video you haven't finished. What I did was go through the menu and ensure that I went through everything. 

joshuaburkhow_0-1582286235100.png

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
cgalluzzo
5 - Atom

I did that but there wasn’t anything else in the menu for me to click on
and watch. And for the one with connecting to multiple sheets I definitely
wasn’t able to go through the whole thing because it didn’t show me how to
do it; just said to use the dynamic input tool. Also, I completed a couple
other lessons that were working and they always ended in a quiz, so I
assume the ones that are listed as incomplete should also but I don’t have
access to them (presumably because the lesson is incomplete). Is there
something else I can do to fix the issue?

Thanks!

ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @cgalluzzo,

I'm sorry that you are having issues with some of the Interactive Lessons. We were unable to replicate the issues you mentioned but I would recommend that you revisit the courses and "Restart" the lessons rather than resume (see image below). You can use the menu and seekbar to skip ahead to where you left off. Both of the lessons you mentioned have a lot of interactions so make sure to listen for clues about where to click. Both have a quiz at the end as well. Please let me know if you continue to have trouble completing the lessons after restarting them.

Restart.PNG

YoussefNajm
5 - Atom

Hi Dear I faced the same restart the videos a lot, No quiz appear at the end of videos 

YoussefNajm_0-1583071073329.png

cgalluzzo
5 - Atom

Hi! Actually restarting the videos wasn't a factor in resolving my issue.  I didn't realize that the videos require you to click in certain places and type in certain values when prompted in order to continue the lesson.  I thought they were just set up that way to make it easier to follow along with the steps in the actual application.  So in addition to playing the video initially and using the menu to navigate different topics you also need to follow the prompts in the video to select various items on the video screen in order to access all of the content and complete the quizzes.  Unfortunately, this is not made clear in the academy but I hope this explanation makes sense and helps to resolve your issue!

rmds
5 - Atom

Issue resolved. 
It was unclear that the video itself has interactive elements that are required to be carried out for continuation.
(My previous understanding was that actions were to be mirrored in application.)

Labels