General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Hide Alteryx Formula or expression

Musa_Musa
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

is it possible to protect (Hide) my formula or expression in Alteryx just like in MS excel.

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Musa_Musa 
I dont think there is such option we can hide particular expression in the formula tool

There is an option that we can make flow to an Analytic App then lock the flow.
As result, the workflow will not be opened or edited. 

JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@Musa_Musa  To @Qiu 's point currently there is no availaible option to 'hide an expression'. But you can use the 'encrypt workflow' option to prevent users from accessing the logic within it.

JagdeeshN_0-1668529933179.jpeg

https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/lock-your-workflow

Musa_Musa
6 - Meteoroid

I tried it (Encrypt Workflow) and the problem with that, is that you can't open the workflow. It would have been great if I was able to open the workflow and input reports even though I encrypted it.

The reason I want to hide/lock formulas or tools for editing is that the reports we receive from payroll are inconsistence in formats, so some employees tend to make changes within the workflow instead of requesting the right formatted reports.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Musa_Musa 

Do you have gallery? You could deploy it as an app and then the users would only be able to upload the input and get the output without seeing the underlying workflow. You could make it throw an error message if the input format is incorrect.

Labels