Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Enterprise Analytics Structure

kara_mills
7 - Meteor

We are exploring the idea of consolidating analytics and reporting silos within our organization. Since we're in the "infancy" of analytics and are a smaller organization, we feel we need to consolidate before deploying self-service options. If willing to share, I would love to hear how other companies have done, or do this currently, and what the experience has been like. We would be starting with small groups and building them out strategically as needed. Anything unexpected come up or things you wish had been considered ahead of time? Or perhaps something that was a huge success? We are an Alteryx shop so at least we have a good start there! :)

Feel free to message me at kara.mills@idq.com or reply on the board. I'd love to get a best practices discussion going!

4 REPLIES 4
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @kara_mills ,

I recommed that you browse through the public Alteryx use cases here to get some inspiration:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Use-Cases/tkb-p/use-cases

https://www.alteryx.com/community/customers

I hope this gives you a good starting point.?

Best regards

Phil

kara_mills
7 - Meteor

This is great - thank you!! I will take a peek and see what I can find.

PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @kara_mills ,

thank you for your kind answer - happy to help 🙂

Appreciated if you can mark my answer as solution!

Thank you and best regards

Phil

kara_mills
7 - Meteor

HI @PhilippK , 

I peek at the use cases (super data and info!!) but was looking more for the high level view on how people have moved from silos to a combined analytics structure that serves the entire organization. There were a few takeaways from some of the use cases but I was hoping to get feedback of things that may not be presented - the good, bad, and ugly - of that transformation.

We've since consolidated and have an enterprise analytics group established but are planning for the long term so I would still be interested in hearing from people as to what they have learned and might change if doing it all over again. 🙂

Thanks!

Kara

Labels