General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Date comparison not working. Need help.

GeorgeLevesque
6 - Meteoroid

I have an alteryx workflow as follows:

1) Use a Convert tool to take a string field and convert it to a date yyyyMMDD such as 2023-10-31 field = co_receive_date_yyyyMMDD

2) Use a Formula tool to take todays date and subtract one day and set it as date as yyyyMMDdd such as 2023-11-02 in Fromdaysago field.

3) Use a Filter tool for this formula [co_receive_date_yyyyMMdd] >= [FromDaysAgo]  

When run, I do not get any date from the Filter tool and I should get some records.

I have been trying to get this to work for over a week with no resolution. The above steps is like the workflow as it is simple to see if I can get some output.

Can someone please help?

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @GeorgeLevesque, are you able to show your workflow or at least the Formula expressions and Filter expression? What you've described sounds reasonable (apart from 2023-10-31 wouldn't satisfy your Filter condition), but there's a few things that could be off - hard to diagnose without seeing anything. Also, if you could provide a couple of records of data that aren't working that you'd expect to that'd help.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Please provide relevant data to this use case, and kindly provide your criteria in as much detail as possible. If you have a workflow built halfway, kindly export that over as well.

To export a workflow go to: Options > Export Workflow. Kindly do NOT send a "Save As" copy.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels