Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Core Accreditation Question Types

Tim_Palmer
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I just took a second stab at my Core Accreditation, I did ok but didn't quite pass.  I scored lower on the Core_Practical questions than any other category but I'm struggling to find a description of these categories so I can understand which questions I need to brush up on.  What are the practical questions compared to the others?

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My guess (and it is a guess!) is that the Core_Practical workflows will be those where you have to interpret what a workflow is doing from an image and those where the tool is a 'question mark' and you have to determine which tool to use.

Perhaps @LeahK would be able to confirm?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for looping me into the conversation @BenMoss.

Great question @Tim_Palmer.  I am going to share this thread with the Certification team, as they are better suited to answer more specific questions about the Core exam. Stand by...

In the meantime, going through the Getting Started course in Alteryx Academy, is a great way to prepare for the exam.  Even if you already completed the set of 11 lessons, it's a good refresher to re-familiarize yourself with core concepts.

ElizabethB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Tim_Palmer, great question! The questions in the Practical category are worth 3 points each and many of them present input data and output data and ask which workflow(s) would transform the data and generate the desired output. Since these are multiple response (select all that apply) questions worth 3 points each, you get partial credit for each response that’s correct, but also get partial points deducted for each incorrect response. This is the most difficult category for most people, so don’t be discouraged! To prepare for these questions, it’s important to know how each tool can change and alter data – the One Tool Examples within Designer are a great resource to check out. When you retake the exam, plan to spend more time on these questions since they’re worth more. You can easily identify them during the exam by looking in the top right-hand corner of the screen, where it displays the category and point values of each question. Good luck on your next attempt and happy learning!

Tim_Palmer
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you all for your help, I managed an 84.4 % pass today so I'm very happy.  The active and helpful Alteryx community have been a vital help, including these responses to my query.  Thanks Again :))

shomear1807
5 - Atom

Hi Tim,

I needed some help in answering these practical questions correctly. I am getting stuck in the 70's every time I take the exams. Can I email you with the questions that I feel am getting wrong and it would be great if you can advise me on the same.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@shomear1807, if you have the input and output data why don't you put together a workflow that you feel will help you achieve those steps and identify the answer which appears to sit most closely with your solution, or, alternatively, try and apply the possible solutions to the input data and identify why one works.

Ben

Labels