Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Basic Table to excel output

J_Chan
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

I used the 'basic table' to highlight all the cells which are not matching. 

I used the browse tool and it has done exactly what I want.

Now I wanted to use a 'formula tool' and replace the fields to match the column I want it to match.

I thought I would export my data to Excel then use that data for a separate workflow. 

Everytime I try to export it, I get one line of data when using the 'render tool' or 'reporting tool.'

I would like and excel output in the same layout that is shown in the 'browse tool'. 

Please help - I have read all the comments about rendering the file and et but none of them have worked for me. 

3 REPLIES 3
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @J_Chan 

You will need to specify an excel file as an output in a render tool to output the table to an excel file.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

J_Chan
5 - Atom

Hi @PanPP 
Thank you for your response. I did specify an excel file for the output in the render tool and I still got a one line output.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @J_Chan 

I have uploaded a sample WF that outputs several sheets to an excel file.

Hope this helps, if it does please like the post and mark it as a solution.

Labels