General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Alteryx save/upload availability

Alteryxnovice123
5 - Atom

Hello,

I posted this in the Designer Community but received no response yet so posting here as that my post is redirected to the community that can help.

I am very new to Alteryx and all I have used thus far is creating workflows to send emails in microsoft outlook with/without attachments. I also am in the process of auto scheduling the dozen or so workflows that I currently manually run.

As I look to enhance a very manual process, am exploring tools to automate and curious if Alteryx has the capability as the ask is very specific. Thanks in advance for your expertise and help, much appreciated!!!

1. a. Look for an email with any of the words "Approve", "Approved", "approve", "approved" in the body of the email with subject containing keyword "Control_12345" and by sender name

OR

b. Look for a outlook email filename in Shared Drive/Share Point folder "Control_12345"  containing any of the words "Approve", "Approved", "approve", "approved" 

OR

c. Look for a file(excel, pptx, pdf) in Shared Drive/Share Point containing any of the words "Approve", "Approved", "approve", "approved" 

2. Once email is found for a. and b. above, convert the outlook email into pdf and save to a shared drive folder location or upload to a share point site folder 

3. Once file(excel, pptx, pdf) is found for c. above, save to a shared drive folder location or upload to a share point site folder

1 REPLY 1
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Alteryxnovice123 I wouldn't say there is something that will exactly suit your needs here, but here's some helpful links regarding outlook:

Regarding searching files, if you're looking in just the file name then you could use a directory tool. If you want to scan the contents that's much trickier given the variety of file types you listed. 

Labels