This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Part 1 was pretty straightforward, and Part 2 was in my mind as well. Took a lot of debugging to find my mistake. Anyhow. Finally securing a Part 2 win :-)
Brute force or bust for part 2. Tracking down bugs in large conditional if statements will always be the bain of my existence
I went to brute force approach.
Part 1 macro:
This one didn't click for me. Struggled for a long time before coming up with a clunky solution. As I cleaned it to post here, turns out half of it was unnecessary 😣😂
I overcomplicated things for part 2 and that costed a lot of times.
Part 2 is, upon hindsight, not that complicated had I not overcomplicated things.
Day 8 done ! ✔️
Here is my monster ! Not sure it's worth explaining as it should have a disclaimer "Don't do that at home, it has been performed by professionals." !
Happy with this one today, quite clean and concise for the challenge. For both parts 1 & 2, each data stream is a different cardinal direction.
I've added my golf today, but happier with my first solution as it was more computationally efficient. It had more tools but ran faster due to paring down the data properly with filters!
Hi All, this was my solution for Day8. :)
Definitely not competing for tool golf today, but I didn't have too much trouble