Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Engine Works

Under the hood of Alteryx: tips, tricks and how-tos.
TanyaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Driver Updates

Amazon Web Services (AWS) is changing their security to rely on the AWS Certificate Manager (ACM), and we wanted to give you a heads up about the change happening October 23, 2017.

What are you changing!?!?!

We're staying compatible with the latest Redshift drivers. But the certificate update means outdated drivers are no longer supported.

What does this mean for me?

Well, before October 23, we need you to update to the Lastest Amazon Redshift ODBC driver so we can continue to provide you support. 

If I don't update, what happens?

Since the certificate functionality is being replaced, you won't be able to connect to your RedShift instance. It won't hurt your data, but it will lock it away with a sign saying "Go update your driver".

"But my data is in there...""But my data is in there..."

However, there is another option if you REALLY don't want to update your driver. Amazon has provided a way to configure your old drivers, which you can find under Using Earlier Amazon Redshift drivers. With that, you'll be able to access your data. Alteryx still won't support the older drivers though, so keep that in mind.

Will anything look different after I update?

Nope! Everything will work the same, and your performance and instance availability won't really be impacted. It's going to be great.

I want to update! What do I do?

That's great! Go to this Amazon page for your shiny new drivers!

time-2-update-ur-driver.gif

Tanya Stere
Product Manager - Server

Tanya Stere is the Product Manager supporting Alteryx Server, looking to make sure ideas make it from the white board to your desktop. She primarily works to make Server match your needs.

Tanya Stere is the Product Manager supporting Alteryx Server, looking to make sure ideas make it from the white board to your desktop. She primarily works to make Server match your needs.