Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Watch Ozzie code!

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Tomorrow - Wednesday, February 7, 2018 starting at 11AM MST - @Ozzie will live-stream his use of the Python SDK as he spends his Innovation Days building his enhanced version of the Download tool. Return here to watch him via Twitch. And say hi or ask him questions in the chat room!

Watch live video from alteryxDev on www.twitch.tv

13 REPLIES 13
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

@NeilR  It looks like the video is no longer available on Twitch.  Is there a recording somewhere that could be placed on Youtube?

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Oops it looks like Twitch deletes the videos after 30 days - sorry about that, we'll try to save it next time.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Ozzie  and @NeilR  - was the version of the Download tool that Ozzie was working on ever published?

Reason for asking is that we have ongoing challenges with the download tool (specifically around timeouts; retry errors - and the lack of support for OAuth) and so we're thinking of building something similar ourselves.

Would be great if we could use your innovation days build as a starting point in Python?

Ozzie
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SeanAdams 

It was never published. It was one of these personal projects that unfortunately I didn't get a chance to finish. My github repo is still there for this: https://github.com/ozzieD/Python---Download-Tool but If I were you I'd probably start from scratch and just use snakeplane to develop. Luckily python has a great api library with requests and finishing this tool would be a huge win for many customers.