Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Parallel Processing using Custom tool

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

As far as I know, from the community discussion on the topic of parallel execution of parts of a workflow, the idea is still under review. I have a use case where I want to process a lot of requests to an Odata paginated API server which has a gateway limit of 100 requests per minute

I have been researching the methods of using Alteryx SDK for Python and .NET to create custom tool instead of using macros. This opens up the possibility of using the native threading libraries of the languages and fulfill my use case.

What I want to ask is about the performance comparison between the two technologies. Should I go with Python or .NET for a better performant outcome. Also are there any proper resources for .NET based tools?

Thank you for your time and suggestion. Have a nice day

4 REPLIES 4
TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @fardeen9983 , 

Currently we do not have any capabilities for parallel processing through our SDKS.

For language choice, I would recommend not using .NET, as that SDK is targeted for deprecation in December 2021.

Best, 

Tasha

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

So even using Python's Native packages for multi threading and such will have not have the desired effect when running with Alteryx engine? @TashaA 

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

Another query I have is about the release of ayx-plugin-sdk. I see it has the status of the package is still in beta. Requesting an update or some schedule related to that @TashaA 

TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the questions @fardeen9983!

For the threading question that is right, we have actually seen issues with users trying to do something similar and it does not produced the desired result. 

For the schedule question-we have some new exciting capabilities being announced very soon that we will be posting here on Dev Space, so keep an eye out for the next few weeks!

-Tasha