Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

HTML Help with GUI in Alteryx

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Hello,

I'm new to HTML (more of an r guy) and I'm having trouble developing a gui.  I would like to have the knots text box appear multiple times beside each variable that will show up under the "select variables with splines."  That way when a variable is selected to be segmented with splines, the text box right beside that variable will be the place the user puts where she/he wants to place each spline.  I'm not sure how to do that. 

The community would not let me attach the .html file so I pasted the code below the graphic.  Any advice from the smart people out there?

spline_html.JPG<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>
Piece Wise Linear Frequency Model
</title>
    <link href='./assets/entypo/entypo.css' rel='stylesheet' />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="./assets/alteryx-utils.css" charset="utf-8">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="app.css" media="screen" charset="utf-8">
    <script type="text/javascript">
      // Include version 1 of the base GUI library.
      document.write(
        '<link rel="import" href="' + window.Alteryx.LibDir + '1/lib/alteryx/gui/includes.html">'
      );
    </script>
</head>
<body>

<div class='page has-hint' id='page-basic'>

<div class='fd-header'>
    <div class='fd-header-title-text'>Setup</div>
  </div>

<div class='content'>
    <div class='content-padded'>

<div id='yvar' class="qconst">
<!--  Y Var  -->
<label for="Y Var">Select the target variable</label>
<alteryx-pluginwidget type="DropDown" dataType="FieldSelector" inputNumber="0" connectionNumber="0" fieldType="Numeric" id="Y Var" dataName="Y Var"></alteryx-pluginwidget>
</div>
      <div id='xvars' class="qconst">
<!--  X Vars  -->
<label for="X Vars">Select the predictor variables</label>
<alteryx-pluginwidget type="MultiSelectListBox" dataType="MultiStringSelector" inputNumber="0" connectionNumber="0" fieldType="All" id="X Vars" dataName="X Vars"></alteryx-pluginwidget>
</div>
      <!-- Spline Variables  -->
<label for="Spline Location">Select the predictor variables with splines</label>
<alteryx-pluginwidget type="MultiSelectListBox" dataType="MultiStringSelector" inputNumber="0" connectionNumber="0" fieldType="All" id="Spline Location" dataName="Spline Location"></alteryx-pluginwidget>   <label for="Enter Knots">Enter Knots</label>
<alteryx-pluginwidget type="TextBox" password="false" id="Enter Knots" dataName="Enter Knots"></alteryx-pluginwidget>

3 REPLIES 3
TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey there @jbh1128d1!

I was wondering what version of Alteryx you are using? We have a new version of this sdk available - v2 - with our latest release 11.7.

-Tasha 

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Hi @TashaA.  I'm on 11.5.  I thought it may be an HTML coding issue.  Do you think it's a version issue?

TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jbh1128d1

I see in your code sample you are importing the HTML GUI SDK version 1. If you are on 11.5 that is still supported, however version 2 is available with 11.5!

The sample code for importing V2 can be seen here underneath "Using BeforeLoad with DataItems" -> "Loading the SDK Javascript UI Library" . 

It is important to note that all of the help located here for 11.5 will correspond to V2 of the SDK, so it is useful to upgrade if you can. 

Best, 

Tasha