Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Developer forum - file type attachments?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jdunkerley79 and @Coxta45 expressed the need to be able to attach certain file types to posts within the DevSpace forum -- "we badly need to be able to attach html/js/zip and pretty much whatever devs need to these threads" 

Before we adjust our file attachment settings in this area, I figured it made sense to pose this question to the community and capture all the possibilities. We can then go on to evaluate what makes sense and adjust our current settings.

As an Alteryx Developer, what file types would you expect to be able to attach to posts within DevSpace?

7 REPLIES 7
Coxta45
11 - Bolide

For starters:

• .json
  • .xml
  • .htm / .html
  • .js
  • .css / .scss / .sass / .less
  • .php / .py (I assume devs will be using the new Python and soon to be PhP dev kits)
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
I’d add:
- .ts
- scripts bat ps1 sh
- all the c# types and c++ types (and maybe VB.Net for when I feel odd)
- config files

But then to get round all this zip it up as easier

Or gist/github embeds would work too.
MichaelCh
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Coxta45 wrote:

For starters:

• .json
  • .xml
  • .htm / .html
  • .js
  • .css / .scss / .sass / .less
  • .php / .py (I assume devs will be using the new Python and soon to be PhP dev kits)

PHP?

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

@MichaelCh I don't understand the question...

MichaelCh
Alteryx
Alteryx

I was surprised to see PHP in your list. Where did you see we would be creating a PHP dev kit?

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

I'm pretty sure I heard about it from multiple folks at Inspire17 in Vegas..

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks @Coxta45 and @jdunkerley79 for sharing.  I've added your recommendations to our list.  Stay tuned for an update!