Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Developer Community | Welcome & Instructions

TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to the the Alteryx Developer Community! We are excited to introduce you to what we have been working on and look forward to your feedback.

What is the Alteryx Developer Community?

As the Alteryx platform rapidly evolves, there’s been an explosion in the number of Alteryx users that are interested in developing for the Alteryx platform. We’ve also heard consistent feedback that:

1. Developers want SDKs to help them build the analytic tools of their dreams
  2. Developers want better documentation and resources
  3. Developers are looking for a place to discover, collaborate, and innovate with other developers

Check. Check. And Check. Welcome to the Alteryx Developer Community!

Alteryx is an amazingly powerful platform, and has multiple extensibility capabilities that you may not even know about. I’ll be the first to admit that finding information for these capabilities has been difficult in the past, with information spread out in different locations, and no real place to ask questions or discover the possibilities.

Enter the Alteryx Developer Community -- your one-stop shop to finding everything you need for Alteryx platform extensibility. If you want to build for Alteryx, bring your questions and curiosity to the Developer Community!

DevCom_welcome post.jpg

Dev Space Forum

In addition to being the place to connect with other like-minded Alteryx developers, this is where you go to ask questions, get feedback, and share the things you’ve created to push the boundaries of what you thought was possible with Alteryx.

Do you have questions about the Alteryx Gallery API? Looking for help with building a custom tool? Are you ready to share a bad ass connector you created with the Community?  These are all great examples of how you can leverage the Dev Space forum.

Online Help

The new Developer Community is just the start. Keep your eyes peeled for incoming updates to the online developer help as we continue to refine our offerings and improve this area for you!

Github

Find Alteryx repositories like the Alteryx HTML5 Tool Scaffolder on our Github. You will also see updates ongoing in this space as our entire Developer Ecosystem is under construction.

banner-dev-feedback.png

Review the Developer Community Experience

Provide feedback via survey

This survey will allow us to aggregate your thoughts and give us direction!

• Please go take the survey HERE.
6 REPLIES 6
Coxta45
11 - Bolide

@TashaA,

So excited to see the Dev forum up and running!  I think this is going to be another great resource for the Alteryx community.

Quick question.. Is there a decompiled repository for the HTML SDK available?  I didn't see anything on GitHub.

Thanks,

Taylor Cox

Developer, Blue Cross NC

TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

So glad to have you here @Coxta45!

At this time we don't have the source for the HTML GUI SDK available publicly. Is this something you would be interested in utilizing? Any specific use-case? 

jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I found the 'additional' content in 11.0 very helpful to get started. 

It would make creating custom plugin-widget a lot easier and I for one would be more than happy to help contribute to the controls if you were willing to go that far.

James

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

@TashaA,

While it's easy enough to use, say, Google Dev tools (or any other preprocessor) to decompile the minified SDK resources, I'd like to be able to "dig in" a little more on the [JavaScript] classes in their original semantically written form before having been compiled and compressed in order to better navigate them.  Again, I can start peeling back the layers of designerDesktop.bundle.js but was just curious if a repo was already available for quicker use somewhere.

As for a specific use case, I think it would have helped in this situation.

Thanks, Taylor

TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the feedback @Coxta45! I will touch base with that team to see what we can do around the GUI SDK code. 

TashaA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great point @jdunkerley79! Let me touch base with our team and see what we can do around the widget code.