Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Can we read/write .yxdb file using .net classes. i.e. with out using Alteryx engine

Jithendra
8 - Asteroid
Hi, We are working on integrating Alteryx with our web application. I.e. we will upload the file from our web app and would like to trigger the workflow to read the uploaded file and process the same. From our web app, we are uploading the file in .xlsx format. We would like to generate the .yxdb file from our application and upload before executing the workflow and read the output as well in the .yxdb. Because, .yxdb is very compressed file format and fast to read the data when compared with .xlsx. I would like to know, are there any .net classes available for read, write and generate .yxdb files or convert other files to .yxdb file format. Thank you, Jithendra.
3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Jithendra 

At this time the only way that you can produce yxdb files is to bring them into Alteryx and output as a yxdb.

Jithendra
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the update.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

.NET - not that I'm aware of, but the C++ code is open source.