Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Data Challenge

Welcome RXP Group and AFG data challenge participants! Use this forum to collaborate, ask questions, and get support from Alteryx experts.
SOLVED

Predictive Modelling - Support needed

Lucyyy
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I am quite new to Alteryx and need some help in building a suitable predictive model. 

My dataset has 1222 records (dataset included) In the data, my target variable is the Food Relief Amount in Column A. Other columns are predictor variables. Big question is to build a model that can predict the Food Relief Amount based on other predictor variables. 

I have tried using linear regression model but the accuracy point is quite low.

What other models should I use?

Any hep will be much appreciated. Thanks

Untitled.png

3 REPLIES 3
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Lucyyy,

You can try other models and use the model comparison tool (available on the Alteryx Analytics Gallery) to compare the effectiveness of the different models, see attached workflow example. Here i've tried Boosted model and Random Forest - neither appear to outperform linear regression.

NeilR_0-1586483792259.png

Lucyyy
5 - Atom

Thanks for your kind support. Is there any way I can transform my linear function to get a better result in Alteryx? Like using exponential or logarithmic relationships?

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @Lucyyy 

I know it's been a while but maybe a few things that will help you. 

An example of log transformation 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Log-Transformation/m-p/43576#M16739

A feature scaler 

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/FeatureScaler/5e342b880462d70decb5e915

Hope this helps! If it does please mark as solved so others can find it!

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks