Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome, Dallas Alteryx User Group Members!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Dallas Alteryx User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?
Deanna
12 REPLIES 12
Flybree49
5 - Atom

Hello!   Bridget - Transporation

The Princess & the Frog - Loved it!!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Welcome @SR!  It is great to have you join the user group!  Alteryx has some great applicability in the Commercial Aviation industry, and our user group provides some excellent networking opportunities with other users in the same industry.

I love seeing the trend in the recent comic book/graphic novel based movies where there is an actual romance, along with some deep philosophical and social topics.  I think film producers are realizing there is an intelligent audience that wants a combination of action/romance/philosophy/etc. plus some really cool graphics!

The browse tool is one of the best parts about Alteryx; it is an excellent feature to be able to see and modify your data long before you create an output.  Have you tried the Browse Anywhere function?  You can now browse your data in the Results window by running the workflow, then clicking on the output arrow of each tool (or just clicking on the tool).  Spatial data are still best viewed by adding a Browse tool, since it incorporates a map view of your data as well.  Let me know if Browse Anywhere works for you!  :)

Deanna
Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Welcome, @Flybree49!  It is awesome to have you join us!  I believe you will find some great uses of Alteryx in the Transportation industry, including helpful posts in the Alteryx Community as well.

I really like The Princess and The Frog; the storyline is well written, and the artwork (especially the background) is beautiful.  I have been to New Orleans many times, and the film showcases the lovely beauty of the City as well as the historical aspects.  The way the Mardi Gras parade at night is animated is fantastic!

Hope to see you at our next user group meeting!

Deanna