Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice icon cant wait to try out !

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thanks @IraWatt 

Let me know what you think 😁

kevinlin001
5 - Atom

Thanks TheOC for making this tool. I downloaded it and open it as admin but the workflow seems stuck at formula tool before python tool. What gives? 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @kevinlin001 

Have you saved it as a macro and using it within a workflow? 

Are you able to screenshot the issue you are having? 

Cheers,
TheOC

rcarmody
5 - Atom

Hey,

Thanks for this tool! I am attempting to use it on alot of data - not sure if I downloaded the tools improperly but it wont load past 45%. Idk if it takes a while or I am missing something to finish the workflow. Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated! 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @rcarmody 

can you give me some insight into how much data you have? I'll give it a test on mine.

does it work on 1 row of data at a time/a smaller subset of the data?

rcarmody
5 - Atom

@TheOC

Can you walk me through how to properly download the python library and then use it within a workflow? Because I think the issue is with that library. Thanks! 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @rcarmody 

Ofcourse!

1. Open Alteryx as Administrator:

TheOC_0-1652300611582.png

2. Open my tool:

TheOC_1-1652300713733.png

3) Hit file, save as, save into your macro folder (it should open by default).

TheOC_2-1652300767606.png

4) Open your workflow with text you want to translate:

TheOC_4-1652300818067.png

5) Find my tool that you have just saved, in the 'Bulien Tools' section of your tool pallete:

TheOC_5-1652300884310.png

6) Drag the tool onto your canvas:

TheOC_6-1652300903797.png

7) Specify the language you want to translate to, and your field. In this case, i want to translate to Spanish:

TheOC_7-1652300934704.png

8) Hit run, inspect the results:

TheOC_8-1652300980175.png

You should see a new field called 'translated', which has your translated text.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any issues.
I'd recommend starting with a sample dataset like this so you can test it works on one, before rolling it out to a larger dataset. However - i did test this on larger datasets before publishing, so i would be surprised if it doesn't work.

Cheers,
TheOC

Shifty
12 - Quasar

I am loving this tool, @TheOC - so many applications.

Hi, I run the tool and I'm receiving 2 errors:

Error: Google Auto Translate (25): Tool #1: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
CalledProcessError Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-1-9766019d1444> in <module>
3 from ayx import Package
4 #Package.installPackages(['pandas','numpy'])
----> 5 Package.installPackages('deep_translator')
c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\Package.py in installPackages(package, install_type, debug)
200 print(pip_install_result["msg"])
201 if not pip_install_result["success"]:
--> 202 raise pip_install_result["err"]
c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\Utils.py in runSubprocess(args_list, debug)
119 try:
--> 120 result = subprocess.check_output(args_list, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)
121 if debug:
122 print("[Subprocess success!]")
c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\subprocess.py in check_output(timeout, *popenargs, **kwargs)
409 kwargs['input'] = '' if kwargs.get('universal_newlines', False) else b''
--> 411 return run(*popenargs, stdout=PIPE, timeout=timeout, check=True,
412 **kwargs).stdout
c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\subprocess.py in run(input, capture_output, timeout, check, *popenargs, **kwargs)
510 retcode = process.poll()
511 if check and retcode:
--> 512 raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
513 output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
514 return CompletedProcess(process.args, retcode, stdout, stderr)
CalledProcessError: Command '['c:\\program files\\alteryx\\bin\\miniconda3\\envs\\designerbasetools_venv\\python.exe', '-I', '-m', 'pip', 'install', 'deep_translator']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Error: Google Auto Translate (25): Tool #1: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ModuleNotFoundError Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-2-ce1a2a642a82> in <module>
1 from ayx import Alteryx
----> 2 from deep_translator import GoogleTranslator
3 translated = GoogleTranslator(source='auto', target='de').translate("keep it up!")
5 data = Alteryx.read("#1")
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'deep_translator'

Thanks for the help! 

joesparty
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TheOC ,

Excited to use this, however I have the same issue as @Gabrielaguevaraacon.  Using pip list on the command line shoes deep-_translator 1.8.3 is installed, using Designer 2022.1.1.25127.  

Cheers!

kevinlin001
5 - Atom

Hi @TheOC ,

I tried again following all the steps you gave above, but the workflow just showing running forever... Any idea what might cause it? Thanks so much!

kevinlin001_0-1656520644312.png

Kevin

zjohnson004
5 - Atom

Hi @TheOC ,

I was able to download the macro & get the "Field to Translate" text box to preview my text to be translated, however, I am receiving the following error message. Any idea what may be causing this? 

Appreciate any help you may provide.

Thank you,

Zach

"

Error: Google Auto Translate (4): Tool #1: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------SSLCertVerificationError                  Traceback (most recent call last)c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py in urlopen(self, method, url, body, headers, retries, redirect, assert_same_host, timeout, pool_timeout, release_conn, chunked, body_pos, **response_kw)    669             # Make the request on the httplib connection object.--> 670             httplib_response = self._make_request(    671                 conn,c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py in _make_request(self, conn, method, url, timeout, chunked, **httplib_request_kw)    380         try:--> 381             self._validate_conn(conn)    382         except (SocketTimeout, BaseSSLError) as e:c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py in _validate_conn(self, conn)    977         if not getattr(conn, "sock", None):  # AppEngine might not have  `.sock`--> 978             conn.connect()    979 c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connection.py in connect(self)    361 --> 362         self.sock = ssl_wrap_socket(    363             sock=conn,c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py in ssl_wrap_socket(sock, keyfile, certfile, cert_reqs, ca_certs, server_hostname, ssl_version, ciphers, ssl_context, ca_cert_dir, key_password, ca_cert_data)    383         if HAS_SNI and server_hostname is not None:--> 384             return context.wrap_socket(sock, server_hostname=server_hostname)    385 c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\ssl.py in wrap_socket(self, sock, server_side, do_handshake_on_connect, suppress_ragged_eofs, server_hostname, session)    499         # ctx._wrap_socket()--> 500         return self.sslsocket_class._create(    501             sock=sock,c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\ssl.py in _create(cls, sock, server_side, do_handshake_on_connect, suppress_ragged_eofs, server_hostname, context, session)   1039                         raise ValueError("do_handshake_on_connect should not be specified for non-blocking sockets")-> 1040                     self.do_handshake()   1041             except (OSError, ValueError):c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\ssl.py in do_handshake(self, block)   1308                 self.settimeout(None)-> 1309             self._sslobj.do_handshake()   1310         finally:SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:MaxRetryError                             Traceback (most recent call last)c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\requests\adapters.py in send(self, request, stream, timeout, verify, cert, proxies)    488             if not chunked:--> 489                 resp = conn.urlopen(    490                     method=request.method,c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py in urlopen(self, method, url, body, headers, retries, redirect, assert_same_host, timeout, pool_timeout, release_conn, chunked, body_pos, **response_kw)    725 --> 726             retries = retries.increment(    727                 method, url, error=e, _pool=self, _stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2]c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\urllib3\util\retry.py in increment(self, method, url, response, error, _pool, _stacktrace)    438         if new_retry.is_exhausted():--> 439             raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))    440 MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='translate.google.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /m?tl=de&sl=auto&q=keep+it+up%21 (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1123)')))During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:SSLError                                  Traceback (most recent call last)<ipython-input-2-ce1a2a642a82> in <module>      1 from ayx import Alteryx      2 from deep_translator import GoogleTranslator----> 3 translated = GoogleTranslator(source='auto', target='de').translate("keep it up!")      4       5 data = Alteryx.read("#1")c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\deep_translator\google.py in translate(self, text, **kwargs)     63                 self._url_params[self.payload_key] = text     64 ---> 65             response = requests.get(     66                 self._base_url, params=self._url_params, proxies=self.proxies     67             )c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py in get(url, params, **kwargs)     71     """     72 ---> 73     return request("get", url, params=params, **kwargs)     74      75 c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\requests\api.py in request(method, url, **kwargs)     57     # cases, and look like a memory leak in others.     58     with sessions.Session() as session:---> 59         return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)     60      61 c:\users\zjohnson\appdata\local\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py in request(self, method, url, params, data, headers, cookies, files, auth, timeout, allow_redirects, proxies, hooks, stream, verify, cert, json)    585        "

Neha
7 - Meteor

Hello @TheOC , I followed the process you had documented here, But when I click save as, it does not open the macro folder by default, it asked me to browse the folder so i saved the file at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Alteryx\Settings\AddOnData\Macros. Is that the correct location? 

Additionally, I dont have Bulien Tools section on my tool pane and neither can i find any information on it. Can you help me understand?

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi,

Can you please let me know how can i get the bulien palette inside my alteryx? is there a link to download?

Thanks,

Sri

Arch
8 - Asteroid

In the knowledge base article below, see the Shared Macros in Alteryx Designer section to learn how to create a My Macros folder so that the macros show up in the tool bar.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Sharing-Macros-in-Alteryx-Designer-an... 

Instructions from the article without the screen shots:

1. Open Alteryx Designer
  2. Go to Options>User Settings>Edit User Settings and click on the Macros tab
  3. Click the plus sign (+) to add a macro repository

4. In Category Name, type a name. Macros will appear in the tool palette under the Category Name defined here. The default name is Macros

5. Click the three dots icon to browse to the location where you save macros on your computer or a network or paste the file path to the network share containing the macros

6. Click the OK button on the “Add Search Path for Macros” dialog window
  7. Click the OK button on the User Settings dialog window
Saraabdi955
8 - Asteroid

Hi,
I got this error:
" Google Auto Translate (1) Tool #1: Failed to find virtual env named: "designerbasetools_venv""

How can I fix it?

sireeshagandam
8 - Asteroid
Good