Cleveland-Akron, OH

Welcome to the Cleveland-Akron User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

ICYMI - Cleveland-Akron Q1 2020 Alteryx User Group Recap

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Great to catch up with everyone at the Q1 2020 Cleveland-Akron User Group at Baldwin Wallace University!

@Brian32 started the meeting with his overview and practice of building reports in Alteryx.  His point hits home with many: that while there are a lot of bells and whistles and data visualization tools available to businesses, reports are still very much part of the day to day functions with in business.  Automating them leaves room to investigate more productive uses of our time (like analytics and visualizations).  He demonstrated how he has customized logic for reporting tools, outputs to pdf or Excel, and has created reporting apps to be run on the gallery and used by others.

I shared an overview and demo of one of my original use cases – use of the Map tool in Alteryx. I showed how various tools should be configured to add geographic data to the map tool, and how to configure for preferences like color, symbols, and layout. I also gave a quick glance of how Mapbox is currently integrated with Alteryx.

This was a tune-up for our Analyticon presentation so thank you to everyone for the feedback and response!

Thank you to Dr. Lori Radulovich, Connie King, and  Mary Jean Milanko from Baldwin Wallace for coordinating use of the Center for Innovation and Growth, parking, and catering.

Thank you to @CatherineM  and @kgalbert  for once again providing leadership and planning for these meetings.

Looking forward to our next meeting in May which will likely be in Independence, OH, and will feature a special guest from the Alteryx Community, Alteryx ACE and top contributor, @MarqueeCrew  who is currently on his way to present in Australia!

5 REPLIES 5
kheuer
8 - Asteroid

Awesome topics last night! Thanks for putting this together, @ggruccio and Ken!

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

@ggruccio - will you please post the PowerPoint?

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Yes will do.  Brian wants to make one or two edits then will load up. 

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ggruccio - just wanted to see if the PPT is available yet?

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Yes, I'll load it as a .pdf as the .pptx is quite large.

Also here are some pics of the event!

ggruccio_0-1582658121110.png