Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Bengaluru, IN

Welcome to the Bengaluru User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

Weekly challenge progress tracker

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi User group,

If you are looking for a way to track your "Weekly Challenges" progress.

Well here is easy way for you. I recently designed a "Weekly Challenges" progress tracker.

PS: the previous trackers have stopped working as there a new community update as of 2nd April.

You can check out the details of the community update in the Release Blog.

This tracker has been tested as of 6-Apr-2020 with multiple UserNames.

This workflow scrapes the user posts and checks for posts with weekly challenge subject and also tags time and attachment for it.

It uses a python script to make requests and download data instead of a download tool. Since python showed higher request success rate.

Here is a snapshot of the interface and packaged workflow attached below.

atcodedog05_0-1586233945766.png

Feel free to provide me your suggestions, feedback or issue you run into.

And yes we are working on building an Usergroup scoreboard. Updates will be provided soon.

In between recently got my Death Zone badge, really exited about that.

atcodedog05_1-1586234298367.png

Happy Analyzing everyone 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

And i encourage all of you to participate more actively in solving weekly challenges.

It takes roughly around 10-30 mins for each (>1hr for hard mathematical ones).

You will gradually pick up the phase as you keep solving.

Happy Analyzing !!! 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi User Group,

Sorry i was not able to keep up complete end of my bargain.

Apparently any workflow with download is considered as unsafe and needs curators approval so that one might take time to see a version that you can run online.

Hence here is the updated workflow. With some bug being fixed.

For this work effectively. Please follow the weekly challenges solution posting rule.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/How-to-Respond-to-a-Weekly-Challenge/td-p/429291

If you reply to the main thread your solution wont be considered, but the tracker will show as completed.

So be careful. 

Active Leader-board or No Active Leader-Board I will want you guys participate in the weekly challenges and make progress. Leader-board will get more sorted once the COVID situation eases down. 

@devX511, @Hruday  and all others i encourage you all to participate as much as possible.

Cheer and Happy Analyzing : )

jrobiso2
8 - Asteroid

Had to make some mods in parsing, etc to accommodate  changes to the output html. Built on version 2021.4

Don't forget to change the user to yourself, else all you will see is my own progress!