Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

revoking licenses : consequences

olivierMPW
8 - Asteroid

Hello;

I have some people who leaved the company and I would like to revoke their licenses.

But what happens if they have some workflows scheduled ? Do I have to do something special before revoking licenses ?

7 REPLIES 7
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If the schedules are on the Server, revoking the Designer licenses will not affect the schedules as long the as Server user is still there. You can also change the schedule to some other user on the Server. 

olivierMPW
8 - Asteroid

ok thanks

and for the studios ?

are the workflows in the studios still available ?

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @olivierMPW 

If the user who left has workflows scheduled on the Alteryx Server, then it shouldn't impact the scheduled workflows. 

I would recommend removing the license from the machine first, before re-activating it on another machine for another user.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @olivierMPW 

The workflows should be in the studio. 

I would recommend downloading the workflows from the studio and re-uploading them.

Do not remove the user from the AD, and make them inactive instead.

Hope this helps.

olivierMPW
8 - Asteroid

the users have already been removed, as soon as the leaved the company

is it a problem ?

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

It will be a problem when you upgrade the Server to a new version. The upgrade will fail if there are assets mapped to users that don't exist on AD.

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @olivierMPW 

What @gabrielvilella  said is correct.

When you upgrade your server environment, I would make sure to test it before proceeding with the upgrade. I would also create an image copy of the server environment prior to doing any testing/upgrades.

Reference this article - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Server-Pre-Upgrade-Checks/ta-...