Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow publishing error

bsanthoshpk
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Good Day.
I am trying to publish a workflow at Alteryx gallery. But the validation issue below.

bsanthoshpk_0-1682013332588.png

Note :

8- Both left and right anchors are connected and also respective fields mapped on both sides.

WF was able to schedule and run successfully in the gallery, but I am not sure why it was showing this validation error. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @bsanthoshpk ,

I`ve never seen this issue before, but my only guess is that it could be related to the input being a macro (data cleansing for example) or something like that.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I have seen this error before, I am almost certain that is related to a macro being connected to a join or somewhere earlier in the data stream, as @fmvizcaino mentioned, for some reason it is not retaining metadata information. One thing that you can try is enabling this option in interface designer, Output field changes based...

gabrielvilella_0-1682022268659.png

bsanthoshpk
8 - Asteroid

@gabrielvilella  Thanks for the replay.

I am using macro before the join tool. I applied your provided solution. But still showing same issue. Is there any other option to overcome this issue. Thanks.

bsanthoshpk
8 - Asteroid

@fmvizcaino Okay. Thank you.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @bsanthoshpk 

There are a few areas where the validation engine gives a different outcome than the execution engine - an example of this is when you use Python, you do sometimes get validation errors which are false alarms.

My suggestion would be to follow 2 paths in parallel:

• If your workflow works, then try turn off the validation step when you publish - and if it works on the server then treat this like a false alarm
  • In parallel - package up a stripped down copy of this false alarm, and ship it off to support@alteryx.com - so that they can investigate and fix on a future release.

Have a good week

Sean