Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow Produced No Output (But it did)

RyanMaxwell
5 - Atom

I have an analytic app that I built in Designer Desktop.  The app uses an Output tool to write an Excel file.  The app successfully writes said Excel file.  The log reflects that said Excel file was output.  When I upload the app to Server, the app still writes the Excel file, but Server displays the "This Workflow Produced No Output" message.  I know that the user can just navigate to the file share and open the output file, but it aggravates me that Server isn't displaying the option to download and save the output.

Has anyone run into this behavior before or know a fix? I've searched around but haven't found any other community posts on it...

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

2024-06-06_12-53-32.jpg

2024-06-06_12-55-17.jpg

2024-06-06_12-56-58.jpg

2024-06-06_12-58-09.jpg

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RyanMaxwell ,

When publishing the workflow to the Gallery, you have the option to check and uncheck the outputs.

From your last print screen, it seems you are doing everything correctly, meaning when you check the box, you are letting the Server know you want the file to be available for download, whereas with the box unchecked, the file will be saved to the shared folder location.

If you want both actions, you need to have two outputs, one checked and another one unchecked.

I recommend that you republish the file back and guarantee the box are checked. Usually, when we change to the UNC path, the box gets unchecked automatically.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino