Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Workflow Outputting multiple excel files off the server

Inactive User
Not applicable

I have a workflow that creates multiple excel workbook, is there away to make it so all the sheets download off the server as you can when you output one excel workbook as shown in the attached image. Right now when we try to have multiple outputs in the workflow it does not give us this option on the server.

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Inactive User:

In the Output Data tool you can check the Take the File/Table Name From Field option in the Configuration pane and then map the field containing the sheet name: A, B, C, or D. The records will be written to the corresponding sheet in the Excel file. 

filename.png

Attached is a simple workflow that illustrates the configuration.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi this made  four different tabs in one workbook when I ran it on the server. I would instead like it to make four different workbooks with one tab each (or in my case multiple tabs each) and download them from the server. Thanks! 

MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Inactive User the process will be the same. Two modifications to the workflow can achieve this result. 

In the Formula tool, the full file path and sheet name are specified. The example below writes everything to "Sheet1" but the sheet name could be generated based on a formula or field as well.

sheet.PNG

In the Output Data tool, change the action to "Change Entire File Path"

path.png

This will render the results to different files that can be downloaded. 

output.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

This worked perfectly thank you so much!