Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow Documentation Tips / Export List of all workflows on Server

chvizda
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I need to clean up our Alteryx Server an need to document the existing workflows.

Is there a workflow available where I can export a list of all existing apps/workflows ? In the Alteryx_Server_Usage_Report I see only the workflows which were running in the last 30 days.

Are there some best practices available how to document and how to name Apps (Workflows) ?

Many thanks

Steffen

1 REPLY 1
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @chvizda,

A few different ways listed in order of ease:

1. You can go to Gallery Admin and view the workflows. You can even copy/paste this page out and parse the details in Alteryx. Very manual process, but would give you a list of workflows on Gallery.
  2. You can do this via the Admin API. If taking this method, I would look at the Alteryx Connect Alteryx Gallery Loader and use part of that.
  3. There are also methods available through accessing the MongoDB, but that is a little more complicated as there are multiple collections to hit. If you want to take this method, I advise looking at the Server Usage report and adjusting the query.