Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow Access Denied When ran on server

Inactive User
Not applicable

I have a workflow that is creating multiple excel workbooks perfectly when run in designer. When I try to run it off the server I get the attached error. Unable to create a backup of ..... Access is denied. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Inactive User there are a few things I would check:

• If more than one sheet is being written to the same workbook, try using a Block Until Done tool so that each data stream is written independently.
  • If the Server user account is different that the user that initially created the file, this could cause a permission error on the file itself. One solution may be deleting the file and then running the workflow on the Gallery so that the correct account is creating the file.
  • Check that the file is not open.
MIMICHALIK
5 - Atom

Hi There, I am having the same error on few workflows, I was dividing them, but this is not very helpful.

Please can you explain to me in steps how to perform:

• If the Server user account is different that the user that initially created the file, this could cause a permission error on the file itself. One solution may be deleting the file and then running the workflow on the Gallery so that the correct account is creating the file.

Many thanks

M