Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Problem with File Browse Tool On Gallery and Downstream Macro

Mike_Olson
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have an app I'm trying to run on the gallery where the user selects a file from a file browse tool and that file path gets passed through into a downstream macro.

It seems that the file browse tool is staging the file and that file is inaccessible to downstream Macros.  The path passed through is something like:

In_62fd5c50b138000077027499\TEST_CASE.xlsx|`Sheet1$`

And the downstream macro gives the following error on the Gallery run:

• Record #1: Tool #14: Can't find the file: "E:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\9504_bdd7ad3a94f7446dbb9ddbe4ccb62c9a\_externals\1\In_62fd5c50b138000077027499\TEST_CASE.xlsx". Make sure the file path is correct. (Tool Id: 78)\

How can I use the selected file in my downstream macros?  I'm taking the data and uploading it to a database and then running processes using the data, so I need to make sure that the upload step completes before further downstream processes, and apparently the way to do that is to use a Batch Macro to do the upload as the workflow waits for those to complete before moving on.

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mike_Olson ,

You could save the file first and then open it later in your macro. Does this make sense? If not, please provide more information or screenshots of your workflow so I can see what is happening.

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino