Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Using flat files in workflows scheduled on gallery

Megan_Dibble
5 - Atom

I am new to Alteryx Server and I uploaded a test workflow to the gallery which has input data pulling from an Excel file on my computer. Once the workflow is uploaded, if I make changes to my Excel file on my computer and then run the workflow on the gallery after, it will use the old data in the workflow. Is there a way that the server can be configured so that it pulls the latest version of the file each time?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Megan_Dibble Alteryx Server can be configured to use the latest version of the file what you would need to do, is save the file to a location which both you and the Alteryx server has access to such as a Network Folder. The filepath in the Input Data tool would need to be a full UNC so it knows where to pick up the file. You will probably need to work with someone in IT to ensure the Alteryx Server has the correct permission to be able to access the file.

Megan_Dibble
5 - Atom

Thank you Joseph. Can you share how to configure the server so that this is possible?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Megan_Dibble as mentioned you would need to get the Alteryx Server which will be on hosted a machine (Virtual or Physical or even on cloud) that machine will need access to same network drive where the file will be located when you develop your workflow and publish. This can be done a number of different way so it's best you speak to whoever is the Alteryx Server admin and work with your IT department to setup access.

joeychurch
5 - Atom

sorry for dragging up an old thread - but i have a similar question and searching hasn't yet given me the answer.

Is there support in Alteryx Gallery for something like a Tableau Data Extract? where a flat file can be published up to Gallery?