Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Using a Service Account with Alteryx Gallery

robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx community, happy Friday :)

--------------------

Here is the situation I find myself in.  I work in a department that has very sensitive (HIPAA) data.  As it stands, we have Windows server installed on a virtual machine, and we access the Alteryx server through this same vm.  I have noticed that when I package and then add a workflow to the gallery, when a user goes to run it, if there are any output or input tools they do not work.  I had a co-worker from another department with less sensitive data tell me that it was because I don't have a service account.  I don't believe that we are ever going to get data security to allow us to have a service account.  Alteryx community, has anyone out there found themselves in the same scenario?  Is a service account the only answer for this situation?  Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
robertfishel
8 - Asteroid

Patrick, thanks for taking the time to write to me over the weekend.  I will discuss your reply with my teammates this week.