Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unable to download excel file using pcxml

mighty12
5 - Atom

I have rendered a table to pcxml. After running the workflow, I am able to see the preview of the data but not able to download the file in excel. I am getting the following error :

"Error receiving data: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.\r\n (10060)"

Please help me as I want to download the excel file of the table created in workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Why wouldn't you render the table to excel and download it as excel?

mighty12
5 - Atom

Will render to excel work on server ? If yes, should I choose specific output option or Temporary excel ?

mighty12
5 - Atom

Ok, so I did try excel render on server and I am getting junk output in excel when I download. All the records are truncated. Any idea, how can I download a table on server as excel ?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

are we talking about data in the fields or that you have numbers and you don't have decimals? for the former customize the size of the page to something like 50 * 50. for the latter - table tool makes you set decimal places individually. You are using the table tool prior to render - right?